14870 State Hwy 181, Fairhope, AL 36532 | 251-508-8220 | email@example.com
To secure a position with a leading organization that upholds a competitive and challenging environment where I can increase the efficacy of the organization with my skill sets demonstrated below.
3/2019 – Present
Premiere Staffing Services, LLC – Daphne, AL
- Create Excel Spreadsheets for tracking applicants, current employees and available candidates.
- Create ads on Indeed and Ziprecruiter to find qualified candidates to fill open positions for our clients.
- Call qualifying candidates who apply online to our open positions.
- Pre-screen each candidate and schedule them for an interview and to complete our application process.
- Assist new candidates with the application process, including safety and client orientation when applicable.
- Run criminal and MVR backgrounds when required.
- Issue drug test on applicants for clients who require testing.
- Meet with potential and current clients to assist them in their staffing needs.
- Send introductory emails and/or phone potential clients to introduce myself and offer assistance to them in finding qualified employees.
- Attend job fairs and networking events to network new potential clients and find new candidates for open job orders.
- Answer and field phone calls on a two-line phone system.
- Greet candidates and current employees as they come into the office and assist them with their questions or needs.
- Perform other office duties as needed.
10/2017 – 3/2019
HSGI, Inc. – Foley, AL
- Handle all new hire packets including emailing welcome email and paperwork to new hire and ensuring all paperwork is returned prior to their start date to be compliant with FAA and Government regulations.
- Run employment verification through E-Verify as well as background checks on each employee hired.
- Scan and email all completed paperwork and E-verify to the President of the company as well as other back office personnel.
- Work with the recruiters to handle questions candidates may have regarding paperwork, payroll, or insurance.
- Backup to head of payroll which included entering all new hires into the payroll system, assist contractors with questions regarding payroll, email W2’s.
- Send competed insurance applications to our insurance department.
- Process all employment verifications, separation letters, and verification of employment letters.
- Be available by phone, text and email 24/7 to the contractors and the President using the Ring Central VoIP phone service.
1996 – Present
Writer and Blogger – Fairhope, AL
- Published the first two books of my trilogy, working on the third now.
- Published poetry in 2005 which earned me the Editor’s Choice Award.
- Writing new poetry and editing and re-write of old poetry for a book collection.
8/2015 – 4/2017
John G Walton Construction Asphalt Plant – Chickasaw, AL
- Create and manage Work Orders.
- Enter all Payroll hours for Plant and Truck Employees.
- Keep MSHA and OSHA records current and send quarterly reports.
- Work directly with Asphalt Division Manager and his assistant as well as Vice President of the company.
6/2014 – 6/2015
Regions Bank – Fairhope, AL
- Provide assistance to Personal Bankers.
- Wait on customers in drive-thru commercial lane.
- Perform Opening and Closing Duties.
- Fill in as Temporary Vault Teller when Full-Time was out of office.
- Substitute at other branches to cover when they were short staffed.
8/2010 – 12/2011
Ellwood Staffing/Superior Essex – Ft. Wayne, IN
Logistics and Purchasing Assistant
- Code accounts for invoices to be paid to carriers.
- Correspond with carriers and others in the department to assist in resolving any discrepancies to ensure a quick and timely payment of all invoices.
- Enter Vendor Direct (Drop Shipment) orders into QAD system.
- Assist the 7 buyers in purchasing with any notes or changes to due dates regarding purchase orders
- Help with pricing changes and updates.
- Perform general clerical duties to help the department run smoothly.
8/2009 – 5/2010
Leaders Staffing/Riverside Manufacturing – Ft. Wayne, IN
- Responsible for processing all payments received.
- Contact customers regarding accounting issues and work closely with them to resolve quickly including determining if a credit or debit is owed.
- Work with customer service and CFO to make sure credits and debits are issued in a timely manner as well as ensure customers are aware of credit hold due to late payments.
- Run aging reports and send to customers who are past due as well as contact them for payment.
- Add new customers and update their information in the system.
- Additional projects worked including computer equipment tracking, data collection for the new computer system, printing and organizing manuals for the new system, and some order entry, general clerical and administrative tasks.
Pacific Life Insurance -Omaha, NE
- Process Annuity withdrawals with 100% accuracy and meet daily quota.
- Work with agents in the field.
Farley’s and Sather’s Candy Company – Round Lake, MN
- Assist routing department manager in setting up routes for the company’s truck deliveries across the country which involved calling each location to get a drop or delivery time as well as entering all information into the routing computer system.
12/1999 – 6/2006
Quest Communications (now Centry Link) – Omaha, NE
Correspondence & Return Mail Department
- Answer correspondence from customers from an in-house computer system.
- Issuing credits to customer accounts and adding notes to the customer’s profile.
- Updating customer profiles when needed.
- Investigating returned mail to help resolve cost of mail being returned as well as ensuring the customer would get their future bills and correspondence from the company.
- Work with manager to provide helpful data to improve systems and the handling of customer support.
- Offer back office and sales support to the sales department.
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Google Docs
- Google Sheets
- Lotus Notes/IBM Notes
- Several in-house software programs
- Adobe Cloud
- Web design using Wix, WordPress and GoDaddy
- Diploma 1985-1989
- 1 year – General/Business courses 1989-1990
Western Community College 2004-2006
- 2 years – Forensics
- Alabama Real Estate License 2013-2015
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer for gym & in-home 2011-2015
References available on request